As a non-profit organization we rely heavily on the generosity of our dozens of individual volunteers as well as local organizations to help us help New Westminster families.
- Do you enjoy being with young children?
- Do you want experience interacting with young children?
- Do you need formal volunteer hours to apply for post-secondary courses involving children?
- Do you want to add to your resume?
Join us in our active playroom and assist in the supervision and socialization of children from newborn to five years old.
- Be at least 14 years old
- Have at least intermediate fluency in English
- Obtain satisfactory results from our screening process which includes a written application, interview, criminal record check and reference checks
- Be able to commit to volunteering at least one morning or afternoon per week for at least three months
Peer Support Volunteers
- Are you a mature, caring, non-judgmental person?
- Do you have good listening skills?
- Are you interested in family issues and community resources?
Join us in welcoming parents, encouraging conversation and providing an empathetic ear for parents wanting to talk. You can also assist parents with finding relevant information and services available in the community.
- Be at least 19 years old
- Speak fluent English
- Obtain satisfactory results from our screening process which includes an application, interview, criminal record check and reference checks
- Commitment to a minimum of one morning or afternoon per week for at least six months.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Facilitate a Parent Education Program
- Do you or your organization have important information for parents with young children?
We are always looking for new opportunities to share with our families. Each week we host a different service provider from the community who shares their expertise with the group. In the past we have had programs surrounding dental health, healthy cooking, recycling and much more.
- Would you like to donate your time to New Westminster Family Place, but can only commit to a short period of time?
From time to time we have special events like fundraisers or facility upgrades and can always use extra hands selling tickets or picking up a paint brush.
- Do you have technical skills to contribute or a desire to gain experience in any of the following?
- Website development
- Public relations
- Event planning